Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: cd-r on limited budget...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: cd-r on limited budget...
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 02:00:31 -0600

Another place you might check is onsale (now owned by egghead)...
www.onsale.com or www.egghead.com.

They only take credit card, but it's an auction site, and occasionally
you'll find a GREAT deal there.  The auctions always end within 24 hours
(with rare exception) and it's mostly new/refurb stuff sold by manufacturers
or distributors (i.e. not individuals, like eBay is).  I know someone who
got a 4gb UW2 SCSI HD there for < $100 not too long ago.  If they happen to
have what you're looking for, you may find a great deal there.  They do
really stick you on the shipping, though, so be SURE you know what they're
charging for shipping (it's always explained on the description of the
item), so you don't bid $100 and pay $25 shipping, when you intended to pay
only $100.

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 12:19:52AM -0600, Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello gLaNDix,
>
> Sunday, November 28, 1999, 11:37:17 PM, you wrote:
>
> g> do you have to have a credit card to buy from eBay?  i would prefer to buy
> g> from a place you can use a check, as i don't have a credit card...
>
>   Nope. It's up to whomever is auctioning the item, and it will say
>   preferred methods on the items page. With items like cdrs you should
>   just stick to the "going going gone" section because that's when
>   everyone hit's them. I buy there a lot now (thanks to Clint for
>   showing it to me) and I don't do plastic either. Fair warning
>   though, eBay is addictive as hell.
>

> Kurgan                         mailto:Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Jonathan Hall  *  jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx  *  PGP public key available
 Systems Admin, Future Internet Services; Goessel, KS * (316) 367-2487
         http://www.futureks.net  *  PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
                  -=  Running Debian GNU/Linux  =-