Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] cd-r on limited budget...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] cd-r on limited budget...
From: gLaNDix <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:39:39 -0600 (CST)

ok, i've been checking out PriceWatch.com, and i've found some fairly
cheap cd-r's...  all scsi, of course! (all my IDE ports are filled
anyway)...  i'm looking at not spending much over $100, and speed isn't
the most important thing in the world (i would settle for a GOOD 2x, or a
moderate 4x)...  anyone have any suggestions as far as a SCSI Internal
CD-R?  ReWriteable would be kewl, but not really that important, since
most of what i'll be using it for is archiving, not temporary storage...

good windoze support isn't really that necessary, but good linux support
for the cdr is a must...  software is not important, as i will be using a
linux program anyway! : ^ )

thx for the input!
jesse

"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/