Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] NIS Settings

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] NIS Settings
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 19:00:08 -0500

What is 'NIS' and how should it be configured for a Linux Terminal connected
to a Win'98 home Per-To-Per Network?

Other than TCP/IP do I need any other form of networking installed to get
SAMBA to work....

'IF NOT' what do I delete / remove from my system??

A totally mixed up user trying to lean Linux plus???  And please don't tell
me to read a "HOW TO", because I get lost in all the text looking for the
step-by-step how to...

David E Carmichael

>> I am going to get this box connected to my home network one way or
another...