Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Newbie Partitioning Questions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Newbie Partitioning Questions
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 14:47:42 -0500

I'd personally leave it all in one big hunk.  I'd also use fat16 so you can
use standard DOS fdisk, if you find the need.  The bottom line, however, is
that RedHat will partition it for you in the proper formats (ie. swap vs.
ext2).  Finally, windows won't see it after you're done.  I'm not sure if
NT can or not (I've never dual booted Linux in that config before) but 95
should be no problem.  If I'm not mistaken, /usr is the one that can use
the most space, but I hope someone else on the list will correct me if I am
wrong.

Good luck.  If it works for you you're ahead of me (although my local
config works fine - it's my online that won't go).  The guys on the list
are a wealth of info.  Durn the torpedoes - full speed ahead.

Jeff

rosencut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 03/21/99 12:15:31 PM

Please respond to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx