Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Linux on store shelves

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Linux on store shelves
From: "Benjamin Kelley" <diablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:16:53 -0600

The only logical reason to pay $40 for Redhat is the bonus software
enclosed.    It you have no need for this I suggest you buy the $1.99
CheapBytes version  or the $19.95  McMillian verson, Or download it.
Support is Free everywhere on the internet in the form of   Mailing lists,
USENET, and IRC.

I dont unserstand why everyone rags on RedHat for "not being free" when you
can download it for free.  Yet Caldera charges $50 for its trimmed down
version and you rarely see an ANTI-Caldera person.

 Benjamin L. Kelley  TerraWorld Inc
 Email: diablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Phone: 1-888-332-1616
 Fax: 316-332-1451