Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
RE: [aclug-L] Cable Modems

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Cable Modems
From: "John Alexander" <john.alexander@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:15:39 -0600

> If you use the full 10BT link, you are really flying!  That's better
> than a T1 I think...
A T1 is 1.54Mbs, 10BT is 10Mbps
> ....Just think what it would be
> like if everybody in Wichita shared 4 10BT connections.  We would give a
> new meaning to WWW... Wichita - Wide - Wait....

I've slept since I read the page, but they say that they have 172 or 177
42Mb nodes for the metro area.
> Somebody call Multimedia and offer them a "linux" version of support,
> where we do the installs and technical support for a reduced install
> price, and 10% off their normal rate.  ACLUG could then offer it's
> members a cheaper rate on high speed access for providing the technical
> support for Linux.
They list Linux as one of the OS options in the pre-registration form. Don't
know if that's an endorsement, but if you do pre-register, by all means tell
them Linux.

JA