Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: September 2002:
[webdev] Re: State of Website

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: State of Website
From: "Jonathan Hall" <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:09:22 -0500

I think somebody should make an executive decision on what to use... and
start using it.  If/when others want to contribute, they can learn to use
the tool that's already in place, and/or, as appropriate/convenient, use
other tools along side what already exists.

I would encourage the people who are doing active web development to decide
who will make this decision.  As I believe Tom Hull is still the chairperson
for the web group, it would make sense that it be him.  If he feels he's not
actively involved enough at the moment to force his view on others, then I'd
be happy for him to delegate that responsibility to Dale or Jeff or someone
else.

If nobody wants to make this sort of decision, I can do it myself, as
general chairperson of ACLUG.  I'd rather not have to make a decision on
something I'm not directly involved with, though :)

I think we'd be best to pick something and stick with it until completion.
Once the new site is up and running, if we want to start playing with other
tools on a test/developmental basis, by all means we can.  But until we make
a final decision, we'll never have a rough draft to work from anyway!

The lack of conversation since this original post suggests to me what I
already suspected: That everybody is either ignorant or apathetic of the web
tools.  If we're going to wait for a consensus, we'll be waiting forever.

So... as ACLUG chairperson, I'm asking for any final discussion before I
move and second a motion to delegate this decision to Tom or his chosen
deligate :)

-- Jonathan