Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: March 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: let's talk about the chat interface. (fwd)

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: let's talk about the chat interface. (fwd)
From: Jared Johnson <solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 23:01:49 GMT

> so lets see
> now we're going to run this thing off an NT server running Microsoft's Chat
server ? haha
> i dont think we should burden the core system with all this f#*$ing crap,
these are the kind of reasons why we'll allow people to build addons, people
should
be /able/ to add on these features if they want
> we could even make the addons ourselves, but I think they should be
distributed separately, and should /not/ be part of the main system, most
people are just
going to want to play networked tetris, they won't want all this extra junk
that we may think is cool or neat, but in the end just bloats it.
> its all about the neatly written core, with extensibility through plugins
> NOT some corpulent daemon that wastes resources, etc.

well put, i agree.  we'll just have to change the thread to "let's talk about a
chat interface extension" :p

and i suppose it would be a good idea to differentiate between what will be in
the core and what should remain outside of it, in a module.

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After a few boring years, socially meaningful rock 'n' roll died out. It was
replaced by disco, which offers no guidance to any form of life more
advanced than the lichen family.
                -- Dave Barry, "Kids Today: They Don't Know Dum Diddly Do"