Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: Alejandro Jakubi <jakubi@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:46:41 -0500

On Monday 12 May 2008 6:35:32 pm Alejandro Jakubi wrote:
> So, you say a .offlineimap file like this?

Yes, that is a quite reasonable start indeed.

You will likely want to specify a remotepass in both Repositories, lest you
have to type in an IMAP password twice (and it may not be entirely clear to
you which password is being asked for).

> The entries in the (PCPine) pinerc that I am using to access my fastmail
> account have the form:
>
> inbox-path={mail.messagingengine.com/ssl/novalidate-cert/user=<fm-username
>>@fastmail.fm}INBOX
>
> folder-collections=FastMail
> {mail.messagingengine.com/ssl/novalidate-cert/user=<fm-username>@fastmail.
>fm}INBOX.[]
>

> So, apparently, I should map folders like mail/sent-mail <-->
> INBOX.sent-mail

So you would want to say:

sep = /

nametrans = lambda foldername: rs.sub('^INBOX\.', 'mail/', foldername)

I think that will do what you want.