Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Nor my system! Re: Virus found in your message Thank yo

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Nor my system! Re: Virus found in your message Thank you!
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:34:22 -0500

your email problem may not be mozilla (exactly)

After upgrading from RH8 to RH9 mine was extremely slow in accessing and
updating the contents of local folders.

After cleaning out my email several times and compacting the folders
several times I put up with it for several months.  Then suddenly after
repeating this exercise (and without deleting any of the OLD mail I had
saved) it suddenly went back to working as it had prior to the upgrade.

I believe it was due to some corruption in the indexes mozilla uses to
access the local mail folders, and it finally righted itself when the
corrupt part was rewritten. Since then (a couple months ago) everything
works as it used to and I am quite happy with it.