Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Mozilla crashes fixed!

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Mozilla crashes fixed!
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 11:14:40 -0500

Actually I am a Gnome fan.  I have one computer with KDE with SuSE.
REdHat runs very, very slow with KDE.  I installed Gnome on SuSE and it
is really fast.  I have found various problems with Kmail.  The best
email program that I have found is Evolution.  I used it about a year
ago and decided to scale down like you are doing and switched to
mozilla.  Mozilla seems to be a little like Internet Exploder, in that
when you upgrade, it crashes more frequently.  In fact the only programs
that I have seen crash on linux is the newer versions of netscape and
mozilla.  I may have had a trojan or something very strange going on,
but reinstalling with leaving home untouched fixed a lot of problems.

I need to get back to working on MySQL.  Later Gator.  ~Anne

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 05:24, Dustin Keib wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 03:12 am, Anne McCadden wrote:
> > Mozilla was very clogged with old emails, but it kept crashing when I
> > would try to delete out some of the old emails and spam.  Then when I
> > would restart mozilla after it crashed, then I would get another copy of
> > the emails.  It was a never ending cycle.  However....when I reinstalled
> > RedHat, I got all of my emails that I lost last fall, but I don't have
> > the recent emails.  I selected the wrong home partition for the
> > install.  All is not lost because I found some really good jokes in the
> > old emails.  ~Anne
>
> Anne -
> This is a little OT but since you're a KDE user maybe you can help.  I have a
> *BUNCH* of emails in evolution, etc, that I would like to import into kmail.
> I am trying to downsize everything to simpler minimalistic interfaces -- I
> don't want to use one program to do everything I do, but many programs that
> do their intended function cleanly and efficiently.  I have tried every way I
> can think of to import these emails short of going through one by one and
> forwarding them to myself and getting my mail in kmail.  I also have a number
> of emails in outlook 6 .pst (folder) format that I need, and am unable to
> import them.  Any ideas?
>
> Dustin
Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
aclug.org