Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Dual processors

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Dual processors
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:42:17 -0500

Linux and Gimp has been used recently in movies like Shrek & the
animation with the horses, I don't remember the name.  They used linux
for the backend servers and gimp for some of the rendering and animation
and it helped them save a lot of money.  They discovered that linux is
more efficient at managing memory that NT based OS.  There are still
some graphics processes that gimp can't do that photoshop does, so they
still use photoshop for some things.  Atleast thats what I remember from
the article from Disney.  I don't remember if I still have the link or
not to the article.  Atleast linux had a very favorable review.
 ~Anne :-)