Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Dual processors

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Dual processors
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:43:09 -0500

Most of the multi-proccessor friendly apps are going to be server apps,
ie, relational databases, multi-user access of the file system (RAID),
and OS systems that can recognize more than one processor, UNIX, linux,
Win2k.  Most high-end video apps, ie GIMP and photoshop, especially when
using intensive rendering and animations are also designed to use more
than one processor.

It's great to have a high-end mobo and even better to have apps and
processes that can use the great features of the hardware.  ~Anne