Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Dual processors

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Dual processors
From: Wayne White <WWHITE13@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:54:32 -0500

At 12:32 AM 8/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>How well does linux handle dual processors? My next machine will either be
>a dual Pentium or AMD machine. Preferably Pentium. And what would be the
>best MOBO to go with for dual processors? Thanks!!

>visit http://www.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

I have had great luck with dual Intel machines and RedHat.
Just select the SMP kernel during install and it is pretty painless.

I am running two dual machines now. Both have Abit mobos.
One for Celerons and one for Pentiums. Both very flexible,
read - overclockable.

I've been itching to try one of the new dual Athlon MP mobos.
They've gotten some good press of late.

My experience is that SMP really makes Linux multitasking
shine brightly.

wayne