Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Connecting to M$ Exchange

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Connecting to M$ Exchange
From: "Hareesh Haridas" <Hareesh.Haridas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:43:16 +0530

Hi friends,
=09
        i have a Linux machine (RH 7.1) in which i have configured Kmail
to use POP to get mails from my local MS exchange 2000 server and use it
as the SMTP server to send mails. all works fine one way - i am able to
receive the mails via POP but i am not able to sent mails via SMTP - the
exchange 2000 server says authentication failed.=20

i am giving my windows domain id and password to get pop mails. but does
exchange use pure win2k authentication while clients like Kmail connect
using SMTP ? if yes, is there any method by which i can get my Kmail to
sent mails through the MS exchange 2000 server?=20

thanks in advance,
Hareesh.