Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2001:
[linux-help] Linux on Network

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Linux on Network
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:33:04 -0600

From my Win98 machine, parts of my Linux Samba server are mapped to drives I, J,
and K, so I can treat these parts of the server just like they were on the local
machine.  I can read, move, delete, save, etc.

I can ping and telnet from my Linux box to the server, but how can I save to and
read these server files from my Linux host?  Need to do it both in text mode and
with Gnome.  Redhat 7.2.

bruce