Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] Ethernet driver

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Ethernet driver
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:10:34 -0500

I have a Netgear FA310TX PCI NIC, which came with a floppy containing a tulip
driver for Linux.  The last paragraph of the driver has a compile command.  The
driver is a later version than the one in Mandrake 7.1 (which does not work with
this card).

When I issue the command, I get 50 to 100 screens of messages.  The last page
has
warnings, incomplete types, storage size unknown, and other such nonsense.
Don't
know what the first pages have on them.  It doesn't make a tulip.o.

I downloaded a later tulip.c from Don Becker's Skyld page, used the compile
command
contained therein, and got the same result.

What am I doing wrong?  Am I supposed to put the tulip.c in a special place
before
compiling?