Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Single User Boot

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Single User Boot
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:07:12 -0500

This is one feature/flaw linux has, the ability to, with physical access boot
into single user mode, and the only way that I know of to stop it is to
password protect the computer in the bios, so you have to have 2 passwords
(or one if you are lazy). Does anyone know how to stop someone from getting
into single user mode without password protecting the bios?

James L