Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2008:
[gopher] Re: Strategy: end of Gopher in Mozilla

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Strategy: end of Gopher in Mozilla
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:25:37 -0600

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:00:00AM -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> Other comments?

I'm going to continue working and enhancing the WikkaGopher proxy
(http://www.wikkawiki.org/WikkaGopher).  Wikka has a strong userbase
among the more savvy wiki users (the ones who realize MediaWiki and
the like are quite overbloated and heavyweight), and the idea of an
easily-installed proxy module might appeal to some wiki operators and
encourage others to set up gopher proxies.

I think a multi-targeted approach (standalone clients, FF plug-ins,
proxies, etc.) is the best approach and utilizes the greatest amount
of leverage within the gopher talent pool.

  --Brian