[gopher] Re: basic newb info

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Rich Roberts <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Re: basic newb info
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:51:45 -0500

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:35:17PM -0700, Tom Copley wrote:
> In the meantime, I'm going to set up a media wiki for this purpose.  I
> found a Dutch guy who will host a wiki for us for under 100 Euros per
> year.

Do you mean a specific wiki program?  I could probably host such a thing
on my server, for free.  (I already pay for its hosting and have ample
bw and disk space).  I've also thought of playing with TikiWiki
recently.  It seems very nice.

> What we need now is a logo for the gopherspace wiki.  I am a terrible
> artist.  Any ideas? Do you know someone who can create a realistic furry
> varmint?

I seem to remember there being logos around for gopher somewhere
already, but I can't remember where.

> BTW how does the domain name gopherpedia.org sound?  If that sounds too
> blah to some ears, then any suggestions will be most welcome.

Sounds fine to me.

-- John