Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Tech Tree Ends Too Soon

To: "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Tech Tree Ends Too Soon
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 03:54:22 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> Well, sure.  If you will now merely predict the next 15 centuries of
> advances for us, we'll stick 'em in   :P

> > I am thinking of saving the game, creating some additional techs to add
> > to the tree - even if they do nothing in the way of crreating units,
> > just call them "space age I", "space age II", "space age III", "space
> > age IV" and so on as placekeeps, granting no units, just for
> > book-keeping purposes so you know how many techs you are ahead of the
> > rest of the planet
>
> How's this different from just "Future Tech N"?

They would be specific branches, probably even specific techs specifically
aimed at a particular "next game in a series of games" concept. Such as
head toward Star Wars or head toward Star Trek or follow the Traveller
roleplaying game's sequence or whatever. Or maybe just have future land,
future sea, future air up until something (grav rafts / grav tanks etc?)
makes all units be all-terrain...

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/