Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:42:23 +0200

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 12:17:34PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:08:23AM -0500,  wrote:
> >
> > Hello List,
> >
> > It is amazing to see freecivers (or civers?) being haunted
> > by smallpox for years (or forever?).
> >
> > After seeing some other similar games, I was wondering if
> > freeciv could have a ruleset which disallow city founding
> > totally. Cities would then be pre-generated and occupied by
> > barbarians (or one initial city per/player, rest barbarians).
> >
> > Of course, the fun of picking location would be lost this way.
>
> I really like this idea.  All you have to do, it seems to me,
> is to force humans to play as barbarians.

Yeah .. an Empire Deluxe Version of freeciv :-)

No units with "f_cities" (only workers)
Or very expensive settlers ...

Nondestroyable cities? Perhaps size 0 with no production, trade, only
food. All cityimprovements would be destroyed, same for supported units.
Only there would be a "new" city at the place the old was 3-10 rounds
later. (until the foodbox has size 10)

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem