Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox

To: Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Wheeler <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox
From: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 03:59:16 -0700

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 02:56:58PM +0200, Carlos Lorenzo Matés wrote:
> Hello.
>
> El Vie 04 Oct 2002 12:59, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
>

> > > , and improvement required to build
> >
> > This is IMHO a bit useless. If we assume that you don't have to build
> > a building for settlers than these buildings should limit the set of
> > cities which build military units. But two facts are here against this:
> >  - you can produce a military unit in city and change the homecity
> >    afterwards
> >  - you don't use all of your cities to produce military units
> >
> > So you end up with 10% of your cities building that building and
> > producing military units.
> >
> > It is however a different story if you require a certain building to
> > support a given unit type.
>
> Mixing civil buildings with army support is a bad idea IMHO.
>
> The support building must be a military type building, perhaps more type of
> barracks ....

Yes for story line you have to think of some good names.

> > > Heck, even "freecitycenter" could be an option that could be set to
> > > 0 or 1.
>
> What is this option?

This option doesn't exists currently. It will allow you to remove the
free (no population needed for this) center of the city.

> > > I also in theory like the Production
> > > Factor idea, but I think for that to work well, all
> > > values for trade, gold, science, shields, etc., would
> > > probably have to be multiplied by 10, or the effect
> > > would have huge jumps.
>
> why, the factor is a % factor, and with a small growing rate the effect
> shouldn't cause huge jumps, by increasing these values, the Prod factor would
> not make any diference between cities because all cities could produce
> anything easily

For granularity reasons if may necessary to multiply all sources (tile
production values) and all consumer cost by a factor.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx