Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address

To: C Ratchet <zratchet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:41:07 +0200

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 09:03:13PM +0000, C Ratchet wrote:

> Yes I know it requires a lot of time that is why I have the Age of Freedom
> project. GUI on the server, in my opinion, is nice for people that aren't
> techies (though I am one, I like GUI's more than CLI interfaces) The XML
> advantage I think is that it can be both edited in an editor and through
> code, and it is pretty easy to read, and also good for maps (I have other
> projects that are developing maps in XML) Thrown objects are those such as
> catapaulted rocks, lightning bolts, etc.

From the Roadmap:

   By August 2002: Port Freeciv so it is in Java and supports aspects
   of RPG and RTS style games.

You get support for porting Freeciv to Java but not maybe not for
adding the other features. It also looks like we can expect a new Java
client from you in the next two months. This is great ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?