Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address
From: "C Ratchet" <zratchet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:03:13 +0000

Yes I know it requires a lot of time that is why I have the Age of Freedom
project. GUI on the server, in my opinion, is nice for people that aren't
techies (though I am one, I like GUI's more than CLI interfaces) The XML
advantage I think is that it can be both edited in an editor and through
code, and it is pretty easy to read, and also good for maps (I have other
projects that are developing maps in XML) Thrown objects are those such as
catapaulted rocks, lightning bolts, etc.

Ratchet

>From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: C Ratchet <zratchet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: jocuri@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email
>address
>Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:48:51 +0200
>

>On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 06:05:37PM +0000, C Ratchet wrote:
> >

> > My idea is pretty much completely rewriting freeciv, by making the
>server be
> > GUI-based and still have all options set through it, and having Turn
>Based,
> > RTS and Strategic RPG options. The client would be completely rewritten
> > use 3D graphics and XML-based data for maps, terrains, units, specials,
> > resources, animals, thrown objects, etc. Also will add some new ideas
>like
> > Morale and Pollution.
>
>You know that this requires a lot of time? Also adding GUI to the
>server is the wrong decision IMHO. What are the advantages of XML?
>What are thrown objects?
>
>       Raimar
>
>--
>  email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  "- Amiga Y2K fixes (a bit late, wouldn't you say?)"
>     -- Linus Torvalds about linux 2.4.0 at 4 Jan 2001

---

Check out Age of Freedom - http://ageofreedom.sf.net