Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Hotseat play

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Hotseat play
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:18:14 +0200

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 08:26:37PM +0300, Pasi Yli-Paavola wrote:
> Is there a chance to play Freeciv on one computer with multiple players?
> Hotseat is something I've expected from the original Civs. Could Freeciv
> have this feature?

Freeciv doesn't have a hotseat mode, where players are forced
to move one after another.  You have to run a separate civclient
for each player and take turns voluntarily.  It is a little
bothersome to change clients between turns without players
seeing each others' views, but it is possible.

It would not be very difficult to add support for hotseat mode.
Do you really think it will be playable?  The game would
last too long for me.

--
Reinier