Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability issu

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability issues?
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:06:25 +0200

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 06:53:22AM -0500, sunqist wrote:
> I've got the 1.11.4 civserver and Xaw civclient working under my hpcmips
> netbsd box (Z50).   The problem is the client is awefully unstable.  In
> taking a look on various web pages, this seems to be a common problem
> with the Xaw client.

Are you sure?  I haven't had any unstability problems with it since
the first version I played, 1.5.4.  Can you detail the problem?
Can it be the problem mentioned in the FAQ, of an extended Xaw
library posing as plain vanilla Xaw?

> I originally tried using the GTK client, but never
> could get it to work.  Has anyone found that recompiling using Xaw3d
> instead of Xaw results in a more stable civclient?  Also, does anyone
> know the ./configure flag for Xaw3d off the top of their heads?

I don't, but

 % ./configure --help | fgrep xaw
  --with-xaw              use the Xaw widget set for the xaw client
  --with-xaw3d            use the Xaw3d widget set for the xaw client

--
Reinier