Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability issues?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability issues?
From: sunqist <yorick@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 06:53:22 -0500

I've got the 1.11.4 civserver and Xaw civclient working under my hpcmips
netbsd box (Z50).   The problem is the client is awefully unstable.  In
taking a look on various web pages, this seems to be a common problem
with the Xaw client.  I originally tried using the GTK client, but never
could get it to work.  Has anyone found that recompiling using Xaw3d
instead of Xaw results in a more stable civclient?  Also, does anyone
know the ./configure flag for Xaw3d off the top of their heads?

Thanks,
-Jed Sullivan