Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability iss

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Will recompile with Xaw3d fix Xaw civclient stability issues?
From: sunqist <yorick@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:23:54 -0500

Ok, I'm trying to make v1.5.4.   All of the objects (citydlg.o messagewin.o etc.
am I using the right word here?) appear to compile ok.   When the compile gets
what I'm guessing is the actual civclient executable (gcc -o civclient -02
-L/usr/X11R6/lib  [space delimited list of all common and client objects
compiled
earlier] /lib -lXpm -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib =Wl,-rpath,/lib)  I get the below error:

/lib: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [civclient] Error 1

What little I can find on the web indicated that one of the libraries the
program
is linking to is the wrong version.  There also seems to be a history of version
problems with the civ and different versions of the athena widget library.   How
do I tell which library link (if this is the problem) is causing the problem and
also which version the program is looking for.  I'm running libXaw.so.6.1 if it
helps at all.

Thanks for your help and patience with a non programmer.
-Jed