Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Problems compiling on Solaris

Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Problems compiling on Solaris
From: Gavin Tabor <G.R.Tabor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:51:23 +0100

Well, not really compiling....

I'm trying to get freeciv to work under Solaris 8. I downloaded all the
appropriate libraries (Gtk++ etc) from sunfreeware.com and installed it,
then configured, built and installed freeciv itself - no problems. The
server civserver also seems to work perfectly. However I can't get
civclient
to run : I get the following error :

satie<16> civclient
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
Bus Error

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing here?

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science