Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Re: Visibly defended cities and a new role for embassies.

To: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Re: Visibly defended cities and a new role for embassies...
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:01:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Kris,

> More full comments please.

Ok ok ! :)

> >One alternative is to extend the power of an embassy - that is, allow it to
> >inform it's owner of close by troop movements.  That is, we record the actual
> >city the embassy is founded in, and provide the `defended' city information
> >about all the cities within a certain radius.  That radius could be enlarged
> >again when espionage is discovered.

We can add a visibility range for all towns. A unit or a town will be seen
if it is within range of a friendly unit, a friendly town or a town
with a friendly embassy.

> You also have a probability of failing to establish a future embassy with
> that
> player, say diplchance.
For me, an embassy is an official contact between two kingdoms.
We may ask the other player if he/she agrees that an embassy is
etablished in his/her kingdom.
I was maybe unclear. When I was thinking of closing an embassy, I was
thinking of removing an ennemy embassy etablished in my kingdom.

Best regards,