Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Re: Visibly defended cities and a new role for embassies..

To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Re: Visibly defended cities and a new role for embassies...
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 14:24:56 -0500

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 07:32:01PM +0000, Nicolas Brunel wrote:
> > ***  SOME IDEAS ***
> Press return at the end of a line please Kriss.
> It took me some time to realize where those ligns were !
>
> I would also like an embassy to retain the basic functions of a diplomat.
> Ok, that's an idea.
> If someone use its embassy, I'd like every other people to be informed
> of what has occured !
> Such news as the untrustworthyness spread fast.

        In PayCiv, Embassies told you many things.
        One of them was what techologies the civilization had acquired, and
how.  A dialog box would pop up at the begging of a turn saying "Indians
researched Railroads!" or "Romans acquire Mathematics from Germans!"
        It's entirely up to the player to realize whether any of the
civilizations involved are enemies or friends.

> I'd like also the possibility of closing an embassy.
> It seems natural to me.

        While it's sometimes done in the real world, it doesn't make any
game sense.  The intelligence gained matters more.

> another possibility will be to etablish a spy network in the town.
> Spies will have a small probality of providing secret messages shared by
> people.

        I'm not sure what that could mean.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.