Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: 1.14 translations

To: Duarte Loreto <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: evyscr@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: 1.14 translations
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:36:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Duarte Loreto wrote:

>    Hello!
>
> I'm a bit affraid of commiting this one as I don't want to step on anyones'
> foot. In this case, on the toes of "official ro translator". On the other
> hand, I think it would be a waist if 1.14.1 got out on the streets without
> an updated translation just because the "official" is unreachable.

It will be several weeks before a final 1.14.1 is made.

> How is this kind of issue usually dealt inside freeciv? Should I commit?

I have no experience with this, but I strongly doubt any translator would
mind committing a new file that only added new translations.  Changing
existing (non-fuzzy) translations is probably less safe.

> By the way... I've been commiting po files because I don't bother doing it
> and I think it is a good way to further help the project (besides just
> translating to Portuguese). And because I have the CVS access. Shouldn't the
> other translators all have the access too?

All "official" translators should have access.  But I don't know what the
process is for becoming an "official" translator.  I imagine in involves
Reinier.

jason