Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Grammatical cases in translations.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Grammatical cases in translations.
From: "Duarte Loreto" <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:06:41 +0100

   Hello!

Portuguese does not have this declination issue. So I have never payed much
attention to the discussions around declination support. Anyway, below I
send you 2 links about a discussion on that had on the gnome-i18n list with
some cross-posting with other lists.

To make it short, it seems that supporting declinations would require
changes to the ngettext module or something. This would not be very easy.
Please follow up the links. The discussion might have been taken to another
more appropriate list, in which case that will be mentioned on one of the
posts.

Hope this helps you to get more information and more people that know more
on the issue. Be happy!

Initial discussion
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-June/msg00059.html