Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11382) Data: Byzantine nation

To: nmav@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11382) Data: Byzantine nation
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:23:35 -0700

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:13:31 -0700
nmav@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Fri 14 Jul 2006 15:46, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> > New version of patch, using the name forms found in the 'Demotic
> > Greek' column of above linked Wikipedia article.
> > Will have to remove the diacritics before committing though.
>
> I updated the patch to remove the diacritics and use the latin letters
> that correspond to today's accents.

+ "Sevastoupoli",               ; Sevastopol

Hm, I always thought that Sevastopol was founded in the end of 18th
century... Or there was another Sevastopol?
(IIRC, there was a settlement Ahtiar (Krym's tatars) before at
place where Sevastopol was found, and Khersones before Ahtiar.)

PS What about Bospor (Kerch), Sugdea (Sudak) and Feodosia?
(Of course there are mispellings - backtranscryption from cyrillic-)
--
Thanks, evyscr