Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agricultural and Nomadic civs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agricultural and Nomadic civs
From: "Guillaume Melquiond" <guillaume.melquiond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:57:27 +0100

On 3/16/06, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> An idea on how to evolve the Civ concept: Agricultural and Nomadic civs.

I like the concept of having agricultural and nomadic civilizations.

> Here's some preliminary concepts:
> - If you research Agriculture first, you become an agricultural civ;
> research Horseback Riding first and you become a nomadic civ.

This point annoys me. Just imagine your explorer tumbling on a hut and
finding Horseback Riding while you were researching Agriculture. The
style choice should not be set once and for all, but should be
selectable. If I understood correctly, there will be a major revision
of the government code. I think it would look better if Agricultural
and Nomadic where parts of it.

Best regards,

Guillaume