Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15977) Domestic advisor builds redundant buildings

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15977) Domestic advisor builds redundant buildings
From: "Guillaume Melquiond" <guillaume.melquiond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:44:05 -0800

On 3/19/06, Benedict Adamson wrote:
> > As far as I understand it, it's because all the ai.building_wants are
> > 0, so the advisor just choose the first legal one, even if it is
> > redundant.
>
> However, the building want for Coinage should be positive, so the
> advisor should choose Coinage if all the improvements are redundant.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Setting the building_want
for Coinage (and any other non-redundant building) to a positive value
is exactly the point of the patch. Without my patch, no building_want
is ever set to something else than zero for a _human_ player. I hope
the point of my patch is clearer now.

> This bug is fixed in my monster patch for PR#14923.

I kind of prefer (almost) one-liner patches. They are easier to review :-).