Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Hacker nation [Was: Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers]

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Hacker nation [Was: Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers]
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:20:16 -0800

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:42:56 -0800
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa AT gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/06, Mike Kaufman <kaufman AT orion.physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
> > I agree that Torvalds should be removed for that reason, but he shouldn't
> > be in the Antarctic ruleset either. Leaders of Antarctica should be
> > explorers
> > or others who figure prominently in Antarctic history.
>
> We could have a totally fictional nation. It could be called the Hacker
> nation.
> The leaders could be:
>
> Male: Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman, Dennis Ritchie, Ken Thompson,
> Robert Pike, Donald Knuth.
>
> Female: Ada Lovelace, Grace Murray Hopper, Jean Sammet, Barbara Liskov.
>
> The cities could be: Core Dump (Capital), Segmentation Fault, Stack Overflow,
> Bus Error, Divide by Zero, Buffer Underrun, Buffer Overrun,
> NullPointerException,
> Macro, Assembler, Interpreter, Compiler, Kernel, Shell, Editor, Word
> Processor, etc.

I like it! The only thing I don't understand is why capital is not Kernel
Panic?-)

Daniel, what are your opinions?-)

PS I have started to think about [another?] leader name choosing. I. e. one
have limited list of rulers by default, but can get bigger list with f. e.
checked checkbox.

--
Thanks, evyscr.