Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14980) Re: Re: 'true' civil war nations

To: badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14980) Re: Re: 'true' civil war nations
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:17:42 -0800

On 12/26/05, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok ok, I see your point. =)
>
> The difference is that Soviet and CSA are defunct nations that existed
> for a relatively short period of time that relatively few people today
> identify themselves with them and would like to play them in Freeciv.

Well I am pretty sure that there will be someone around who will want
to play USA vs CCCP, since the Cold War has not been over for long,
and I also think due to nuclear weapons that era will stay in the
history books.

I would think of the Soviet Union as a modern, but historical nation.
Of course there is some issue with city overlap with the member states
of the Soviet Union who will show up as own nations.

peter