Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:40:19 -0800

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:42:21 -0800
Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

CK> > Here's a patch to solve the issue by making geographical group names
CK> > nouns, while keeping city style names adjectives. It also renames city
CK> > style 'Babylonian' to 'Mesopotamian' in order to separate it from the
CK> > Babylonian nation.
CK> >
CK> > IMHO the most simple and elegant solution.
CK>
CK> I'm not sure it is. I still prefer a ?group: (or ?citystyle: for another
CK> occasion) flag. It is pretty clear for translators. You don't have to read
CK> the source.

For this one can use TRANS comments (and I think that this can be right place
for using them [rather than "Rare error"...])

CK> And you avoid overlapping of meanings that still may occur with
CK> some languages.

This is the main reason I voted for using those flags.
Maybe we even should used them in every potentially danger [in meaning of
overlapping] place. /* It is so easy to get 3-times overlapping
in a short-term period... */

Anyway, I think that change "European"->"Europe" for groups is nice.
--
Thanks, evyscr