Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14565) swiss ruleset

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14565) swiss ruleset
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:10:58 -0800

2005-11-08 kl. 10.32 skrev Christian Knoke:

> Hello,
>
> The Swiss ruleset also needs some rework. Moritz Leuenberger is the
> current
> minister of transports. Writing of city names is unusual (wrong). Ruler
> titles are missing.
>
> Christian

But still, Leuenberger was 'President of the Confederation' in 2001. I
don't see why he can't stay. On the other hand, I'd like to remove
Gessler instead: He was the Austrian governor of parts of what is now
Switzerland, and his hard-handed rule led to the uprising that was the
beginning of the Swiss Confederacy. Not quite what I would call a
leader of a Swiss nation.

This patch replace Gessler with Karl Schenk, a 19th century politician.
Also removed the canton letters from city names. I suppose that is what
you had in mind, Chrisitian?

If you want more ruler titles, please give suggestions!

-Daniel