Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14565) swiss ruleset

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14565) swiss ruleset
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:32:51 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote on Nov 17, 22:10 (-0800):
> 2005-11-08 kl. 10.32 skrev Christian Knoke:
>
> > The Swiss ruleset also needs some rework. Moritz Leuenberger is the
> > current minister of transports. Writing of city names is unusual
> > (wrong). Ruler titles are missing.

> But still, Leuenberger was 'President of the Confederation' in 2001. I
> don't see why he can't stay.

ah, ok

> On the other hand, I'd like to remove
> Gessler instead: He was the Austrian governor of parts of what is now
> Switzerland, and his hard-handed rule led to the uprising that was the
> beginning of the Swiss Confederacy. Not quite what I would call a
> leader of a Swiss nation.

Not a good one, obviously. Its a name many people associate with a swiss
(tyrant?) leader. I'd like to keep him.

OTOH, both Wilhelm Tell and Gessler are legendaric.

Ah, and I think it's Hermann Gessler, not Albrecht.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Gessler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell

> This patch replace Gessler with Karl Schenk, a 19th century politician.
> Also removed the canton letters from city names. I suppose that is what
> you had in mind, Chrisitian?

Yes, thanks.

> If you want more ruler titles, please give suggestions!

Federal Chancellor at least.

Christian