Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro

To: evyscr@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:05:17 -0800

2005-11-26 kl. 11.51 skrev Jason Short:

> Daniel Markstedt wrote:
>
>> Yet another problem is that the ?citystyle: part somehow doesn't get
>> cut from the string and shows up on the (GTK2) nation selection
>> dialog.
>> Ugly. The same happends when putting for example a ?nation: qualifier
>> on Babylonian nation to solve it that way. Bug?
>
> Yes, that's a bug.  Q_() has to be used in the translation rather than
> _().  Obviously this form has never been used here before and nobody
> checked if it works.  Comparisons of style name to nation style also
> need to strip the ?...: part.
>
> -jason

Or maybe it's related with another issue I noted: Nation names and city
styles wasn't handled correctly in the nation selection dialog in the
first place. Perhaps an issue on my machine only. See attached screen;
no nation names are translated despite being in Swedish localization.

When in game, all nation names are translated correctly, including the
Americans.

I have a suggestion to partially fix the original issue in a simpler
way: Rename the groups.

Asian->Asia
European->Europe
etc.

This leaves Babylonian; could be resolved with a ?nation: qualifier.

-Daniel

PNG image