Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro

To: evyscr@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:02:08 -0800

2005-11-28 kl. 18.42 skrev Christian Knoke:

> Daniel Markstedt wrote on Nov 27, 16:25 (-0800):

>> Here's a patch to solve the issue by making geographical group names
>> nouns, while keeping city style names adjectives. It also renames city
>> style 'Babylonian' to 'Mesopotamian' in order to separate it from the
>> Babylonian nation.
>>
>> IMHO the most simple and elegant solution.
>
> I'm not sure it is. I still prefer a ?group: (or ?citystyle: for
> another
> occasion) flag. It is pretty clear for translators. You don't have to
> read
> the source. And you avoid overlapping of meanings that still may occur
> with
> some languages.
>
> Christian

To add qualifiers to every single group is just too much work to
implement and maintain (several hundred occations.) Unless some kind
and skilled programmer devise another syntax for defining groups, of
course.

Even if we go with qualifiers instead, what do you think about the name
change of Babylonian city style to Mesopotamian? More neutral, IMHO.

-Daniel