Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler ti

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler titles
From: "miguel@xxxxxxxx" <miguel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:05:19 -0700

On 10/4/05, Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 01:28:51PM -0700, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> >
> > Here's a version of the patch above that introduce these changes:
> >
> > For Anarchy:
> > Mr./Ms. -> General/General
> >
> > For Despotism:
> > Emperor/Empress -> Tyrant/Tyrant
>
> General for Anarchy sounds ridicilous.

I agree.

> Tyrant in Despotism is ok for me.

I beg to differ - the word "tyrant" has too much of a negative sense
associated to it. Most of the time, despotism will be the government any
given nation will have at the beginning of the game, and its head not
necessarily with be {evil,cruel,ruthless,etc.}.

I'd go with "despot" (if there were an adequate for translation for
spanish "caudillo", that would be better, though).

Disclaimer: my being a spanish speaker might influence my opinion.

--
Miguel Farah
miguel@xxxxxxxx