Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler ti

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler titles
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 17:30:43 -0700

On 10/7/05, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I very much favor Chieftain too.
>
> However, then we have the delicate issue on player that change back to
> Despotism late in the game: "Bow before Napoleon: Great Chieftain of
> the vast (19th century) French empire..." Quite ridiculous. But then
> again, humor is not a bad thing. The diplomacy screens of Civ1 for
> example had this kind of ridiculousness about them IIRC...

Yes, that why i think that the number of cities and the year under
control of the player all play a role. This could trigger a different
version of despotism govnmt.. so if you want more realism with
government titles, you need more governments.

"Chieftain" is fine for early times but later one the equivalent is
"Captain" or so. Of course in a way this ends up as a complete mess,
so you'd have to allow the player to choose his title. Like in real
life (Monaco, Liechtenstein have a monarch with the title prince)