Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13211) RFC: redesign of aifill system

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13211) RFC: redesign of aifill system
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:40:17 -0700

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> Jason Short wrote:

>>Here is a patch.
>>
>>aifill is left as a server setting, but now it is immediate.  When you
>>first set it, AI players are created or removed to bring the total to
>>the given number.  Then later any time a player is created or removed,
>>the aifill is updated again.  This means if you join a game and aifill
>>5, you'll immediately get 4 extra AI players.  If another human joins
>>then one of the players is removed.
>

>   I have no time to actually test, but what difficult level AI players
> are if:
>
>   1) 3 Human players connect
>   2) /easy
>   3) /set aifill 6
>   4) /hard
>   5) /create hard_player
>   6) 1 Human player disconnects
>
>   As a player I would expect all aifill players to be easy (I set
> difficulty level to hard only in order to generate _one_ hard AI).

The behavior of /hard is unchanged.  /hard retroactively changes all
existing AI player difficulty levels, so all players will be hard.

Note that the /create call in the above example is useless.  hard_player
is created but immediately "automatically" removed afterwards.  This is
what I meant by saying create and remove are basically made obsolete.
So even if the commands behaved the way you thought, you'd get all
players easy and none hard.

-jason