Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13211) RFC: redesign of aifill system

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13211) RFC: redesign of aifill system
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:35:02 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

> Here is a patch.
>
> aifill is left as a server setting, but now it is immediate.  When you
> first set it, AI players are created or removed to bring the total to
> the given number.  Then later any time a player is created or removed,
> the aifill is updated again.  This means if you join a game and aifill
> 5, you'll immediately get 4 extra AI players.  If another human joins
> then one of the players is removed.

  I have no time to actually test, but what difficult level AI players
are if:

  1) 3 Human players connect
  2) /easy
  3) /set aifill 6
  4) /hard
  5) /create hard_player
  6) 1 Human player disconnects

  As a player I would expect all aifill players to be easy (I set
difficulty level to hard only in order to generate _one_ hard AI).

  - ML