Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11477) gen imprs

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11477) gen imprs
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:29:12 -0800

> [cazfi - Sun Dec 19 11:18:45 2004]:
>
> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> >
> >>[cazfi - Sat Dec 18 16:39:16 2004]:
> >
> >>  - can_player_build_improvement_direct() is not checking if small
> >>wonder is already built?
> >
> > It is a feature, not a bug. This is in order to allow you to move
> > a Small Wonder to another city, just like you can do with Palace.
> > See the rationale for allowing this on my genimprs2.diff.gz post.
>
>   I see. But even if I missed it in first attempt, my bug hunter
> instincts tell me that there's bug nearby :-)
>
>   So I should look into callers instead.
>
>   can_build_improvement_direct():
>
> -  return !improvement_redundant(city_owner(pcity),pcity, id, TRUE);
> +  return TRUE;
>
>   improvement_redundant() used to check for equiv_repl, now any
> replacement building can be built?

Right. This is also a feature. It would be trivial to replace the
improvement_redundant() call with a is_building_replaced() call. The
issue is this is counter productive.

Imagine someone builds the Great Wall. improvement_redundant() in there
would forbid you from building per city City Walls. Once Great Wall goes
obsolete, suddenly all your cities are naked without City Walls. With
improvement_redudant() removed, it is possible to build per city City
Walls *before* Great Wall expires, just like in Civilization II.