Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11477) gen imprs

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11477) gen imprs
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:37:28 -0800

I don't see any technical problems.  But there is room for stylistic
discussion.

- Some style errors / could use more comments.

- Rather than rename global wonders as great wonders and adding small
wonders, why not just leave the original name and call them player wonders?

- The names of can_sell_improvement and can_sell_building are too
indistinguishable.  I think they should be can_sell_building and
can_city_sell_building.

- is_improvement() isn't clear enough.  All improvements are
improvements.  I think this should be is_normal_improvement().

- "genus" is an okay name but this is a new term in freeciv.  Don't we
have concepts like this elsewhere?  What names do we use there?  I think
this corresponds most closely to move_type in unittype.h, but no
corresponding name really comes to mind.

-jason